The Adventures of Princess Truheart
Audition dates: January 23 and 25
Time: 6:30 to 8:00 pm.
Show dates: April 6, 7, 13, 14, 27, 28
Tru is a very different pink haired princess. She attends an elite Princess school run by snobby Madame Yezplez. Meets Snow White, Cinderella and 5 mean girl beautiful princesses who bully her. Flunks out big time. So onto Plan B.
Tru goes to Zabraca, a powerful glam sorcerer or sorceress who can turn you perfect with one mighty spell. Though, spoiler alert, you better read the fine print in Zabraca’s contract. Because nothing is as it seems on Crystal Montain where this Sorcerer guards a dark secret.
Tru travels with a band of misfits: Finn, a knight booted from the Round Table, Stumbelina, Thumbelina’s big sister who’s been kicked out of Fairyland and Prancy, a shy pony fired from their stable for being so ticklish that they throw every rider who gets near. Will their wishes come true? Will they find a place to belong? Is Pink really the new black? Stay tuned.
This show is a comedy with heart and great life lessons about learning to embrace who you are. Tru is a strong, different kind of Princess who never gives up and will ultimately unravel a real mystery at the heart of this pinkish fairy tale.
Please print and bring this form with you to your audition. This is optional, but will help to expedite your audition process.
When auditioning at the DCT, please bring the following:
- Current headshot or recent photo
- Current resume. If you do not have a resume, an information sheet will be available at the time of your audition for you to fill out.
- Please come prepared to sing 16 bars from a Broadway musical that shows your range. A pianist will be available.
- All children under the age of 16 should also be prepared to sing “Do, Re, Mi” from the Broadway musical, “The Sound Of Music.”
- If you elect to only audition with “Do, Re, Mi,” it is not required that you learn 16 bars from another Broadway musical.
SHOULD YOU BE CAST IN ONE OF OUR PRODUCTIONS
A rehearsal schedule will be issued on the first practice. Typically, we rehearse over a combination of two weekday evenings and one weekend day afternoon. During tech week (the last week prior to opening), it is mandatory that all company members be present at all rehearsals. This includes the Saturday to Saturday prior to the first performance.
- Please note: The Wednesday of tech week is usually a “dark” rehearsal night for cast members.
TIPS FOR AUDITIONING
When auditioning with the DCT, remember to do the following:
- Dress for the part! For example, if you want to try out for Cinderella, then don’t come to the audition in jeans and a cutoff t-shirt.
- Stand still when on stage. Try not to shuffle your feet back and forth when you get to the stage.
- Keep your hands to your sides. Keeping your hands to your sides will allow you to stay focused and listen to instruction from the casting committee.
- Learn from the experience and have fun by watching and listening other actors and the casting committee, you can improve!
Additional questions can be directed to
The Delaware Children’s Theatre
(302) 655-1014 | firstname.lastname@example.org